Ring Test
Finding out the gender of the baby:
There are lots of ways to test the gender of the baby and here's one found in Mother and Baby magazine
The ring test
Abstract from the magazine:
1. Tie a ring to a piece of cotton and suspend it over the tummy
2. If it spins around = Girl
3. If it rocks from side to side = Boy
My M-I-L method:
1. Tie a ring to a strand of your hair
2. Move the ring in an up and down motion
3. Suspend ring on the right palm of your hand
4. If it spins around = Girl
5. If it rocks from side to side = Boy
6. Do it again and again and (apparently) you can determine how many children you gonna have in future.
I have yet to try out the test found in the magazine but my M-I-L did her method on me ..the 1st time it rocks from side to side. She did a 2nd test. It moves but not in a circle nor does it rocks. She did it again. Same thing happens. She conclude that I'm gonna have just 1 child. But she said in a tone that seems to question me "Why just ONE? Or is it that I am only child and I am gonna end up with 1 child as well?"
For a moment I was dissapointed. Not because of the result of the test that determine that I am gonna end up with just 1 child but the reaction that surrounds me at that moment and their questionable faces.
And then I got stressed! It spoils my mood on that particular Sunday and I was rather quiet and slept my afternoon away until it was time to go home in the evening.
How true can the ring test be? I certainly do not and will not depend the future of the number of children on that stupid ring test. As a Muslim, shouldn't one believe in the Only One and not the ring. Well, I sure do believe in Him and will pray that I want to end up with more than just one child InsyaAllah. And even if it is my destiny that I am gonna end up with one child, I will do my very best to nurture him well and insyaAllah he will turn out fine and be the best among the rest.
Well, izzint better to have one than none.
('o')






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home